Wednesday 9 December 2015

Pyjama No.1

Hi there! Today I'm going to share with you the first of my self designed Pyjama bottoms. I'll also explain to you how I made them.

This set is for my Grandma and is made from the fabric that all the women will be wearing. When I saw this fabric I knew it would be perfect as it has that subtle hint of red that gives them that slightly festive feeling.

Top: Primark (£2.80)
Bottoms: Made and designed by me. The fabric I used was a bed sheet that I bought at the charity shop (Originally from H&M)
I decided that I only wanted everyone to be slightly matched and so on a recent Christmas shopping trip, I went to Primark to pick up lots of plain tops. For my Grandma I went for a simple white t-shirt. 

To make the bottoms I simply drafted a pattern from my Mums trousers. Before you ask my Mum is in on the secret as she walked in on me making a pair for my Dad and I've found her help to be very useful as she knows all our sizes and has managed to get her hands on trousers from different family members, without them suspecting a thing. Anyway, back to what I was saying. My Mum and Grandma are the same size only my Grandma is shorter, so I drafted a pattern from my Mums trousers but made them a lot larger, to be on the safe side and to allow for plenty of wriggle room. By adding elastic to the waistband, I'm now sure they will fit her. As I'm not sure exactly how tall my Grandma is, I decided to add ribbing to the bottom of these three quarter lengths, so as to make them more adjustable in length. So that's how the design was made.
Stay tuned to see the rest of the Pyjama bottoms and as always I hope this has inspired you!

2 comments: