Wednesday 3 July 2013

comfy evening skirt

I may have mentioned before that I went with my family to South Korea but what I didn't mention is that Gwangjang market by day is a sewers heaven. I could have quite easily spent an entire day there but knew that it wouldn't be fair on my family if I did. While there I found a beautiful red fabric with black flowers on which I knew would be brilliant for a dramatic piece of clothing. When we returned home I searched the internet for an idea for what I could do with the material. I eventually decided to make a maxi evening skirt. My inspiration came from this post on my favourite sewing blog.

To create this skirt I basically followed what the original blog post suggested and used this pattern, which I had already from making this skirt, and the bottom half of my maxi dress.

I love the denim skirt pattern because it allows you to make custom fitting skirts. Also this proves that it can be used to make other styles of skirts.

Finally I added a yoga style waist band, hemmed the skirt and I was done. Unlike other evening skirts this one is super comfy due to it being made from jersey.
I hope this has inspired you!
Shout out to Dan! (You know why)

No comments:

Post a Comment