Monday 8 July 2013

Grey v-neck top

I had a completely free day last Thursday and so made this figure hugging grey V-neck top.
To make it I basically free styled, using my pale blue tank top as a guide for the back and front parts of the main top but for the front I copied the V-neck off one of my T-shirts. The first part was simple but the arms where more complicated. I used a pattern from my stash but it didn't quick fit so I had to adjust the pattern and for the length I pull out yet another top and used that as a guide. The sleeves are longer but I prefer rolling them up. Finally I didn't hem the garment as it was jersey and so wouldn't fray.
Making a top like this is great if like me you struggle finding clothes that fit (because the fashion industry doesn't think you can be tall and thin). This method allows you to adjust the top to be a blend of your favourite tops, so as to make it exactly right for you.
I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment