Wednesday 24 July 2013

High-low skirt tutorial


I first saw these skirts in South Korea, whilst on holiday. Once home I couldn't find any I liked the look of so I decided to make my own. I took pictures along the way to show you how I made it.

  • I started out with a dress that was a few sizes to large for me.
  • From here I cut off the top of the dress (the part where the arm holes finished).
  • Next I folded over the top of the skirt to make a waist band to insert elastic. For my elastic I measure around the part of my hips I wanted the skirt to sit and cut off that length of elastic. I didn't add any seam allowance, so as to make the elastic stretch when I'm wearing the skirt. This gives it a nice fit.

  • Once the elastic was inserted I pinned on an s shaped line and cut along it. ( Just a little tip, the pins can then be moved until you have the shape you want before taking the scissors to your garment)
  • Then simply hem and your high low skirt is completed.
This skirt is great for both formal occasions and informal occasions.

I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment