Wednesday 29 May 2013

Cheer leading top

A couple of years ago my school tried to set up a cheer squad for an up coming competition. I signed up, even through I'm rubbish at gymnastics or anything remotely sporty. For the competition the team where all given lose fitting tops. As a team we never really went anywhere after the competition (probably because we lost) but we where allowed to keep the tops.
A couple of weeks ago I found my cheer leading top again at the back of my wardrobe and decided to modify it so it fit better. I got the idea from this blog post. I also took some pictures of the process for you.
 Firstly I removed the sleeves. I did this so that I was able to bring in the sides of the t-shirt. and then I cut down either side of the top (but I left the shoulders still intact).

Then I pinned down a line from top to bottom of the top and took of about 1/2 a cm on both sides of the top.
After sewing the two sides back together I brought in the arm holes and simply reattach the sleeves. I then shortened the sleeves, re-hemmed them and inserted elastic into the hem.
Sorry for the indoor bathroom shots; it was raining really heavily outside.




I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment