Friday 24 May 2013

Low cut top modification

A while ago during the sales I found this really nice blue and grey tank top. When I tried it on in the changing rooms I was wearing another top beneth it (as I was trying to be quick, due to the que for the changing rooms) and didn't see just how low cut it was on me.
I loved the colour of the top but found that when wearing it I had to be so careful not to bend over for obverous reasons. So one evening I finally decided that I was going to modify this top. Out came my sewing machine and within 20 minutes I had a very wearable new top.


I didn't want to change the length of the top so I only shortend the straps of the grey tank top, which had to be seprated from the blue one first.
This produced a nice heightened grey top whilst the blue top stayed the same length.

 Luckily for me both the grey top and the blue top where full tank tops (unlike some tops you find) and so shortening was very simple.

I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment