Wednesday 22 May 2013

Applique tea towel

I started this piece last night as more of an expermental piece to practise my applique skills but I got abit carried away and created a full tea towel design.
The origina tea towel was from Ikea. It was just a plain blue/ purple gingham rectangle. My insperation for this design was from Cath Kidstons book "Sew", which is where I got the template for the hearts and birds from.



Although the hearts and birds aren't made from the same floral matteral they still link together with their use of pale pink. For the birds I found two small white buttons at the bottom of my sewing box, which matched perfectly!
It turned out so well that I'm thinking about giving it to my Mum as an extra birthday present.
I hope this has inspired you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment