Thursday 16 May 2013

Sew Ahoy!

On friday my mum told me my little sister was going to have a pirate day at school  but she was unsure what my little sister was going to wear; so with alittle persuasion my mum agreed to let me sew something. So Over the weekend I made a full pirates outfit!

Firstly I made a qiuck bandanna from some scrap jersey. This was very simple and actually didn't require any sewing. I simply cute out a triangle. No sewing needed as the matterial I used doesn't fray.
Next I made the shorts, this too was quick and simple. I used the same concept as I did for my denim shorts exept this time finished them with a zigzag stich and let them fray abit to give them more of a piratey feel. You can find a tutorial for this here.


Finally I made her the distinct pirate accessory- the eye patch! To make this I used the elastic from the shorts (because they now hold up with out it) and sewed two semi circles together, living a gap to insert the elastic. Once the elastic was inserted, I folded over the edges, so as to tidy it up, and the pirate outfit was complete.

I doubt I will ever make anything quite like it agian!
I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment