Saturday 8 June 2013

Puple bow top

Hello again! Sorry my posts haven't been very regular recently. It's because currently it's the middle of the exam period where I live. But I've decided to take 10 minutes out to do a quick post for you.

I made this top as a Christmas present for my little sister (I've not actually done any sewing for awhile). The design was improvised but I can tell you roughly how I created it.
  • Firstly I got one of my sisters simple tank tops and traced it's design.
  • Then I adapted it by making the straps wider and arm holes a lot larger, so that it became a design feature.

  • I didn't have enough floral material so I did the back in a pale blue.
  • I finished off the arm wholes with bias binding and the neck hole with the pale blue material but in the process making it stand funny. So I pulled down the blue material and added a purple bow; funny how mistakes can turn out to became nice features. 

Sorry that this post couldn't be more helpful or insightful but chemistry is calling me!
I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment