Monday 22 April 2013

Tie dye top

Ok, I know that this isn't sewing but I thought you might be interested. While on holiday in south Korea a theme park siad in their ad that they offer tie dyeing sesions but when we got there it became clear that this was only on special occaisions. It was a shame because most of us wanted to do it. So when we got back my mum, my sister and I decided to try it at home. So we bought some plain white cotton t-shirts and followed these instructions, which tell you how to do natural tie dyeing. It was great because it keept us entertianed for most of the day!

The results on my sisters top where great, mainly because she really went for it with the elastic bands. She used red cabbage for hers.

We all agreed that her top was perfectly werable espacially when it comes wanting something quick to pull on.


I might blog about the t-shirts my Mum and I made but my little sisters turned out the best.

The pale natural colours also mean that it isn't too over powering which many tie dye tops can be.

I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment