Monday 29 April 2013

Layered Summer Top

Earlier this month I posted about a bag my little sister had made for brownies. When she was done there was still enougth to make something with, maybe not a dress but a top was certianly do able. So this weekend I set about making my little sister a summer top.


I used the under skirt for the ruffle on the straps, the top half of the dress for the first gathered layer and the bottom of the dress for the second gathered layer (as a big whole had been cut in the middle when making the bag). I would have liked to do a third layer but there wasn't enough fabric. Although now I think it looks better with out a third layer.


It was fun and interesting to make and who would have thought that this dress would come out so nicely as a top.

I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment