Monday 15 April 2013

High waisted denim skirt

A few months ago I posted about a denim skirt I had made using an ebook.  I really enjoyed making it and had some denim material left over, however I didn't have enough to make a full denim skirt. So I had a look through my box of materials and found some lovely pink flouty material, which I had got a while back in a 60p pack from Abakhans. The combanation made a wonderful skirt.



I followed the ebooks instructions for the top half and then gathered the pink material to give the skirt a floaty summer look. I say that I "followed" the ebook but I totally forgot about the part where you make the pattern given fit you and so ended up with a tight fitting high waisted skirt. Although it wasn't ment to be high waisted I think it actually works quite well. Funny how mistakes can sometimes turn out amazingly well!

I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment