Tuesday 13 June 2017

Finally... My First Block Quilt


It's been two years in the making! It's finally finished! I really can't contain my excitement.
Back in the summer of 2015 I really wanted to make a quilt. I think my words where "how hard can it be". Oh it was hard... Actually let me rephrase that. It wasn't hard, it just took a lot of time, patience and accuracy (not exactly traits I'm known for). As a result I returned to this project multiple times. In fact I mentioned this project in a post back in September 2015.
If I went back, would I start this project? No. But am I glad I made this quilt? Yes. The quilt feels like a personal achievement. It has proven to me that I can stick with and complete a project that lasts for more than a week. It is also another skill that I have tried, I wouldn't say I've mastered the art of quilt making but I have definitely tried new techniques. That being said, I don't think I'll be making another quilt in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment