Sunday 31 August 2014

The butterfly dress

When I saw this dress pattern I knew I had to make it for my cousin. It was just so cute and when I realised I had the perfect material for it, it was a done deal. This dress is just a simple t-shirt dress. I made mine from scratch by following the instructions that the blog gives but you could also use a store bought t-shirt.
I just love how the dress is the perfect combination of floaty and fitted.
For the ties I decided to keep them loose by only attaching them to the sides, so as to add to the floaty effect. 
Because the photos don't show the fabric detail, I decided to take some close up images to show you what they look like as I feel this dress is totally made by the fabric.
I hope she likes this dress because it's going to be her birthday present. I would really recommend this free pattern and also the other free patterns on this blog which you can find here.
I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment