Thursday 14 January 2016

Let's talk: Where do I get my patterns from?

Hey Guys! I hope you're enjoying this new series as much as I'm enjoying writing it. It's really helped me to evaluate my sewing. Today I'd like to talk about, where I source my patterns from, so with out further to do, let's get to it.

My main source is free on-line patterns. You can find the free patterns I have designed here. I mean who doesn't love getting something for free! Also have a look at the blogs listed on my inspirational blogs page. These blogs quite often have some great on-line patterns.


Another source of mine is sewing magazines. I love how you get so many patterns for such a small price. You rarely find them where I live but whenever I visit my grandparents I pick up a copy. Of course you don't always like all of the patterns but usually there'll be 4 or 5 that I like.


Finally, I sometimes get printed patterns from the larger fabric shop near me. As you know from my previous post, I rarely go there hence the reason why I don't often follow those kinds of patterns.
So how do you source your patterns? Do you have any hints or tips?
I hope this has inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment