Thursday 22 October 2015

My knit and stitch show haul

Hello again! Today I have another knit and stitch show themed post for you today. (If you're interested to know what I posted about last week take a look here.) Today, I thought I might share what I got for myself at the knit and stitch show.
So firstly I want to share this amazing coloured double knitting wool that I got for just £1.20 from a stall, which had just pile after pile of wool. It may not be the best quality of wool but I though that its colour would fit in perfectly with the colours that seem to be in trend this winter.
Then there's the amazing Rowan wool that I got from the Black Sheep stand. If you've ever seen Black Sheep wools, then you'll know that there are amazing deals to be had. So I bought 2 balls of the tumble wool. I'm afraid that I couldn't help but use it straight away and so I've made a cowl from it already. (I may post about that at some point, but I'm not sure, let me know if you'd like to see a post on that).  You may be wondering why I've mainly just got wool at the show and not fabric, but I told myself before I went that I wouldn't buy any more fabric because I already have more than enough.

Whilst looking around a book stall, I found a small stash of vintage patterns and had to stop myself from jumping up and down and squealing with delight. Not only that, but also these patterns are exactly the kind of patterns I was looking for to use up my stash of fabric. So now I can't wait to start my next sewing project (but first I need to finish the half started ones).

I also got a pattern from another stall, which I think would make a good work out top, as well as just a nice t-shirt that has a bit of interest in the back.
So now I'm set for the next couple of months. Let me know if you've ever found any vintage patterns and if so where did you get them from.
I hope this has inspired you! 
(or something along those lines) 

No comments:

Post a Comment