Friday 7 February 2014

Quick beaded friendship bracelet

I know this new year post is well over due but 2014 has so far been unbelievably busy, meaning that until now I've not been able to do anything crafty. But last weekend I made  a super cute blue friendship bracelet. If you want to make one yourself the instructions are further on in this post.

You will need:

  • 3x 160cm embroidery strands
  • 3 to 5 large beads
  • scissors

Instructions

  1. Fold the 3 strands in half and knot leaving a loop at the above the knot as seen bellow. You should now have 6 strands.
  2. Next groups the strands into twos, making 3 strands. Now start platting.
  3. Platt for 1.5cms then thread the middle strand through your first bead. Cross the two remaining threats bellow the bead and carry on platting.
  4. Repeat step three until your bracelet is the required length.
  5. Platt for a bit longer, to make a the clasp, and knot off.
  6. Finally cut the strands place round your wrist and use the extra length to knot to tie round the loop.

I hope this has inspired you! 

2 comments:

  1. I've been dying to make one of those bracelets for ages! So glad to find this page!!! By the way, I'd love it if you could show me! :-D. KF

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you follow the instructions above it should be fairly clear. However if you have any issues, please let me know by posting another comment. :)

    ReplyDelete