Friday 2 August 2013

summer bunting

Every summer party, whether a gathering or a barbeque, is made complete with some funky, bright bunting, well it is in my mind. :) So I thought I'd share with you my summer party decorations.

I made this cute pink bunting last year in spring from 2 similar materials (although you could use more). I know the triangular shaped bunting is a lot more iconic but I find semi- circle bunting a lot more unique and in many ways a lot easier to make.


To make this I sewed two semi-circles, which were 28cm (11") in diameter, together. I made quite a few of them and then attached them onto the pink and white ribbon. Simple and quick.


This bunting is brilliant for summer party decorations, as I said before, but also for bedroom decorations and as a small gift (I gave one like this to a my old English teacher as a "thank you for teaching me" present).


I hope this has inspired you!

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!!!! Just found the blog, been looking for this type of blog for ages, soooooo glad I've found it, thanks for the free patterns xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so pleased that you like my blog.

      Delete